Go Fish

Friday, March 14, 2014

Testing...1, 2, 3

Even though I haven't posted anything in a while, I've been busy.
I was asked to test a new pattern by Abby at Sew Much Ado.

So exciting! I think I squealed out loud when I got the email response after I applied to be a tester. Testing a new pattern is a major perk--you get to try something new, it's a free pattern, and you have a deadline.

I thrive on deadlines.

Introducing The Schoolboy Vest!




This picture is probably the most true in color. The outer fabric is Robert Kaufman Chambray and the lining is Bee My Honey Teal Buzz by Mary Jane Butters for Moda. I purchased both at my favorite local fabric shop: Sew To Speak



The rest of these photos are a bit off in color--it looks black here. But, notice the REAL WELT POCKETS! This pattern was so easy to follow. The first time I read through it, I was intimidated by these pockets. But as I was sewing, I just followed each step to the letter and they turned out awesome. Since it's a PDF pattern, there are also helpful pictures to guide you along.


I loved all the details that add a professional finish to this little vest--the button holes were easy to do thanks to the pattern guide. For the top-stitching I used my blind hem foot to get it even and straight.


And check out the cute little buckle in the back.



Sigh. He makes my heart hurt. In a good way.
.
.
.

6 comments:

  1. He is so darling! And those green buttons were the perfect addition to the vest! Thanks again for testing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me! It was so much fun to do.

      Delete
  2. Oh he looks so gorgeous in his little vest Megan! I'll have to try the welt pockets next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat! I will be bookmarking your blog to see what you're up to--I love boy projects! Your vest turned out great too. Please show us when you make one for your older child.

      Delete
  3. He is such a cutie!! His vest is adorable and I love it with the green pants too :)

    ReplyDelete